UnitedFuture promotes a fair, democratic and open society, founded on the rule of law, integrity and justice. We are committed to the fundamental values of respect for life, liberty, equality and community.
We stand for
- freedom of political choice through free elections;
- freedom of speech, information and assembly;
- freedom of belief and religious expression;
- self-reliance, personal responsibility and independence;
- proper reward for effort.
We believe in an open market economy, and the promotion of innovation, creativity and wealth, balanced by a recognition of wider social responsibility and the need to protect a sustainable natural environment.
UnitedFuture puts the family at the centre of its policymaking. We regard the family (including wider family and whanau) as the primary unit for a sustainable society. We regard every political issue as ultimately a family issue. When the family is working well, the community and the country are working well. We acknowledge the interdependence of the family and strong, caring and compassionate community organisations.
We aim to build a modern multicultural society
- which encourages social harmony and unity through respect for individual differences and cultural diversity;
- which recognises New Zealand’s bicultural heritage arising from the Treaty of Waitangi;
- encourages responsible citizenship based on mutual respect; where the framework and rule of law applies equally to all;
- where every child has the best possible start in life.
We uphold the right of all citizens to participate fully in the process of government. We welcome the contribution of different political parties and other groups to the overall political process.
We will treat all who participate in political debate with dignity, integrity and respect.