It is UnitedFuture policy to:
- Rename and refocus the Ministry of Women’s Affairs to the Ministry of Gender Affairs, recognising that the specific needs of both genders need to be addressed.
- Recognise that men and women are both perpetrators and victims and target family violence policy accordingly.
- Advocate individual professions to promote refresher courses for people returning to the workforce;
- Encourage individual professions to retain valued staff by adopting part-time work policies when necessary.
- Promote better work-life balance for parents.
- End gender discrimination, recognising that both women and men can face unwelcome discrimination.
- Extend paid and unpaid parental leave to both parents.
- Recognise the imperative for fathers to bond with their newborns by an extension of parental leave.
- Support flexible working hours.
- Change the law to a presumption of shared care in custody disputes as it is usually in the best interests of the child to continue his/her relationship with both parents.